Wednesday 9 June 2010

lookie - the man the man !!!

Lookie - Medwyn Williams - ten times Gold medal winner at the Chelsea Flower Show, current Chairman of the National Vegetable Society, President of the Welsh Branch of the same Society and a member of the Fruit and Vegetable Committee of the Royal Horticultural Society .... and he is talking to me !!! me me me. Not that I was excited. At all. I coulda just walked on by. Really. Had to budge that Carol Klein out of the way first - that's her in the green to the left and my mum grinning inanely behind us :)

DSC_0106-400px

Apparently his son has got him back into the show - he was last there in 2005 I think and now they are doing it together. We had a chat about how cold and slow the season has been - Medwyn was really worried about his stand and wasn't sure everything would be ready in time !!! I told Medwyn that I'd seen a programme a few years ago following him and his amazing vegetables and that he'd inspired me with my allotment. He seemed quite pleased :)

He took the President's Award this year ! What an exciting moment for a young whipper-snapper like me ;)

5 comments:

  1. Rubbing shoulders with all the big names, good stuff. Chelsea looks great, maybe next year...

    ReplyDelete
  2. legend, love the tie as well.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad the great man took the time to demonstrate how to grub for potatoes! Quite a blog coup Ducky!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - that is THE MAN when it comes to vegetables! I hope some of his magic rubs off on you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Respect!!

    You move in famous circles.

    I like his tie too

    (PS - Belated happy birthday)

    ReplyDelete