Saturday, 24 January 2009

Moving on ...

Well the handbag saga is slowly being sorted out, I'm trying to put the whole episode behind me and move on. So, one that note ...

... I decided to call into the pet shop on the way home from town and lo and behold their seed potatoes had arrived :) Apparently they were delivered on Monday and are selling, well, like hot potatoes !

They had about 15 varieties to choose from, but I already knew what I wanted, so choosing was easy. I got 20 x Cara (OH's absolute favourites), 10 x Pink Fur Apple, 10 x Charlotte & 10 x King Edwards. One of my colleagues from work had some spare Arron Pilots (from Wilkinsons) so I've got around 15 of those.

The Arron's will go in first, maybe couple of weeks time, depending on the weather. I need to get some manure, last year I got some bags from B&Q, but its quite expensive at £5 a pop. The other alternatives are DIY at a local park (the exotic animal enclosure) or get a tractor load delivered. I don't fancy transporting it in the car from the park, but neither do I fancy spending a couple of days barrowing it into the plot. Hmmmm ....

I'm still digging up last seasons potatoes, I think they are King Edwards. They are lovely and tasty with very little critter damage and a lovely size and no scab damage at all. Only problem is that I'm not sure how many more I've to dig up 'cos of course the foliage is long gone. We had them chipped for tea, along with some Jerusalem Artichokes ... yum :)

No photos as I've not replaced the camera yet - unfortunately I can't get the same one that I had before, so OH is trying to find one that he think's I'll like. So far on the shortlist are the Cannon G10 and a Cannon Ixus 860IS - I'm not really taken with either, but wide angled small cameras are not so plentiful, so I'll have to make a decision soon.