Sunday 7 June 2009

Allotment Committee

Well I made it to my first official Committee Meeting today and got my first job - designing posters to go on our gates for the forthcoming Heeley Festival.

We'll have a stall and will be selling plants, giving advice and swapping stories - call in and see us if you are in the area ... err, not that I'll be there to say hi, cos I'll be on holiday ... doh ! its all in the timing.

Here's my poster, what do you think:



If you are local and have any spare plants or seedlings, we'd be very happy to take them off your hands.

Please keep your fingers crossed for sunshine :)

3 comments:

  1. Looks good & I'll probably come along (looking for plants to fill gaps!). But where is Taggers Field? Poster presumably is for the local community and therefore assumes local knowledge?

    ReplyDelete
  2. hi Woody, in honesty I don't know ! ha ha, info is a little sketchy - the fesival is organised by City Farm I think. When we went last time, it all appeared to be happening behind the nice new wooden school (the one on the main road - Gleadless road ?) I think if you head for City Farm, you'll see the crowds :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good-oh, thanks. I like the look of that school.

    ReplyDelete